2011年6月29日星期三

Sore Scalp After Attaching Hair Extensions

As Editor of Hair Resources, I frequently get Emails with questions about hair extensions. Below is a recent inquiry from someone who recently got hair extensions.

Hair Extension Question:

I doing online research about hair extension hair. I recently had hair extensions attached and I am concerned about care and maintenance at this point more than anything. I would like to learn more about how they were applied as well. I am wondering why it was so uncomfortable when they were applied. My scalp was sore for a few days. Is this normal?

Hair Resources Editor:

Both of the Ebooks, 2005's Most Popular Hair Extensions and Hair Extensions-The Official Consumers Guide to Getting Hair Extensions have care and maintenance tips for hair extensions. The tips encompass all the different methods available today. Some methods will have special care instructions that you hair stylist should be telling you about.

Our tips are more general in nature, a compilation from many different extension hair stylists and hair extension companies.Both books also contain the details of 27 different hair extension methods. The most recent details are in the Hair Extensions-The Official Consumers Guide to Getting Hair Extensions, along with several before and after photos.

As to your Great Lengths extensions application issue, no application of extensions should hurt. You say "uncomfortable", and that your scalp was sore for a few days. I am not sure that this should be the case with these types of extensions. I do know, from my extensive research on hair extensions that the application of the hair extensions should not hurt you in any way. If it does hurt, then they may not be applied correctly.

A specific method that I know this refers to is the braiding method, where your natural hair is braided and the extensions are sewn into the braid. If the braids are done too tightly, you will have a very sore scalp and possible hair loss issues down the road. I can understand the scalp being a little sore, but from the added weight of the extension hair not from the application procedure. Human hair is very heavy.